The forehead lift or brow lift is designed to elevate your eyebrows and reduce frown lines. This results in a more youthful expression by smoothing the forehead, opening the eyes, and removing the brow heaviness. This procedure can be performed alone or combined with a facelift, blepharoplasty, or other procedures as desired.
Are you a candidate?
- If your eyebrow position has lowered and gives the appearance of excess upper eyelid skin.
- If you would like to have a more open eye look.
- If you desire a more youthful expression by smoothing the forehead.
- Improves the appearance of the eyes and forehead by providing a less hooded eye and smoother forehead.
A variety of techniques are available and consultation is necessary for selection of the most appropriate. At this time the majority of forehead lifts performed in our center use a minimally invasive surgery technique known as the endoscopic forehead lift.
With the endoscopic forehead lift a lighted telescope (about the size of a pencil) is placed through several small incisions in the hairline. With this procedure the incisions made are tiny, and surgery is performed under the skin while watching on a video monitor.
Because no skin is removed, the hairline is raised slightly to elevate the brows. Patients with very high hairlines or patients who want no change in the hairline may consider one of the alternative procedures.
A laser fiber with a specialized hand piece, developed at our center, is used to treat the muscle and free the brows resulting in decreased swelling and bruising after surgery. This procedure takes approximately an hour and a half and is performed under general anesthesia
- The patient leaves with a head dressing.
- The patient is seen the day after surgery for removal.
- Sutures are removed seven to ten days after surgery.
- Expect some decreased sensation of the forehead, which can last from a few weeks to a few months.
- Most patients can return to work or public life two weeks after surgery.
Ancillary procedures to Brow and Forehead Lift
There are additional procedures that may be considered to enhance results.