Facial Liposuction Seattle
Individuals of any age can have excess fatty tissue in their neck. Frequently this is hereditary and not necessarily related to overall body weight. In younger patients with good skin and elasticity, an isolated liposuction through a small incision beneath the chin is an excellent procedure. In older patients or those with less elastic skin, additional skin tightening procedures may be required.
Are you a candidate?
- If you have excess fat under the chin without significant skin laxity.
- If you desire to improve the contour of your neck but are not ready for a face or neck lift.
- Create a more youthful appearance by eliminating fat underneath the chin
A very small incision is made in a crease under the chin. Liposuction is performed through the incision and the wound is closed with several sutures.
- You may experience a small amount of bruising and swelling along the neck and upper chest, which will begin to decrease around the third or fourth post operative day.
- After surgery, a compressive dressing will be placed around your head and neck.
- You will be instructed to remove your dressing on post operative day one.
- An elastic dressing will be given to you that you should put on after you remove the surgical dressing.
- We recommend that you wear the elastic dressing day and night for the first week after surgery and then just at night for the following two weeks.
Ancillary procedures to Submental Liposuction
There are additional procedures that may be considered to enhance results.