Nose Reshaping Seattle
Of all cosmetic procedures performed today, rhinoplasty requires the highest sense of artistry. By sculpting a natural-looking nose, facial harmony is enhanced and attention is drawn to the most important facial feature—the eyes. While dealing with form it is also important to consider functionality; the end result should be aesthetically pleasing without compromising breathing.
The nose is a complex structure of interconnecting segments of bone and cartilage. It is important that the patient and surgeon work together to understand the desired result and reach a precise plan.
Are you a candidate?
- If you desire to improve the appearance of your nose
- If you feel your facial harmony is out of balance due to the appearance of your nose
- If you have had previous nasal surgery and are dissatisfied with the outcome
- More aesthetic nose shape and overall facial harmony
Incisions are placed inside the nostrils and occasionally it may be necessary to make an incision between the nostrils. Through these incisions the cartilage and bones are shaped to achieve the desired result. If you also have difficulty breathing, surgery for nasal obstruction can also be performed at the same time.
- Following surgery, your nose will be stuffy
- You will experience variable degrees of swelling and bruising for the first 7 to 10 days
- Most patients can return to work or public life after 7 to 10 days
- Eyeglasses, which put pressure on the nose should be avoided 4 to six weeks after surgery
- Nasal swelling continues to decrease for 6 to 24 months following surgery
Ancillary procedures to Rhinoplasty
There are additional procedures that may be considered to enhance results.