Juvederm XC Seattle
Juvéderm is a non-surgical option for facial rejuvenation with the use of a facial filler.
What is Juvéderm XC?
Juvéderm XCis a clear gel that contains a high volume of a non-animal based hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a substance that occurs naturally in our cartilage and skin, is biodegradable and highly hypoallergenic. Once injected, it helps fill wrinkles, folds and can create fullness to the lips. Due to its smooth gel form, it is minimally palpable and natural appearing.
Are you a candidate?
- If you desire to increase the fullness of your lips
- If you desire to decrease the prominence of smile lines around the mouth
- If you desire to soften the appearance of facial wrinkles
- If you desire to soften the appearance of acne scarring or depressed facial scars
How long does it last?
- Juvéderm XC is FDA approved and lasts up to one year
What should I do prior to any treatments?
- If you take aspirin for medical purposes, please continue use. Bruising will resolve in 5-7 days.
- Bruising is the most common side effect. Seven to ten days prior to receiving injectable treatments, we recommend avoiding use of the following: Aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications (Motrin, Aleve, Advil, Ibuprofen), Omega 3, Flax seed oil, Gingko biloba, St. John’s Wort, or high doses of Vitamin E. These medications may increase your risk for bruising.
- If you have previously suffered from facial cold sores (herpes simplex), please notify your physician prior to receiving any injectable treatments.
What can I expect during and after my treatment?
- Your treatment will probably take approximately one hour
- To minimize discomfort during injections we an offer a number of options: ice, topical numbing cream and/or a dental block (an injection in the mouth that numbs the nerves)
- Juvéderm XC is injected into the skin in tiny amounts with ultra fine needles
- Results are instantaneous, but you may experience slight swelling or bruising. Give the treatment two weeks before evaluating the final result
After the procedure, we recommend ice compresses for the first few hours. You may experience mild swelling and bruising for the first few days after the injections. It is safe to wear makeup immediately after treatment to help camouflage any slight bruising that may occur.
For more information regarding Juvéderm XC, visit: www.Juvéderm.com
Before and After Photos
For more information regarding Brilliant Distinctions, visit: www.BrilliantdistinctionsProgram.com