Liposuction is well-known as a way to remove unwanted fat from the body. But did you know what other areas, such as the neck, can benefit from liposuction as well? Dr. Wayne Larrabee and his team at The Larrabee Center for Plastic Surgery in Seattle, WA, provides this treatment as a way of removing fat in the neck area that might be contributing to the appearance of a double chin, also known as submental fullness. Knowing what can be achieved with this treatment can help you decide if it is right for your needs.
What Are the Goals of Neck Liposuction?
The primary goal of neck liposuction is to achieve a slim and contoured appearance in the neck area. It can also help in other ways:
- To reduce the appearance of a “double chin”, which is caused by excess fat deposits in this area
- To provide permanent results while also improving one’s overall facial balance and symmetry
- Can be combined with other facial plastic surgery procedures, such as a facelift or brow lift, for optimal results
- To provide subtle yet effective enhancements that make a person look younger and more refreshed without undergoing major surgery
- To change your appearance in a long-lasting manner
How Do I Know if I Am a Good Candidate for Neck Liposuction?
Dr. Wayne Larrabee and his team in Seattle, WA, evaluate patients to determine if neck liposuction is right for them. Liposuction is focused more on fat removal, so patients with excess skin in the area may be better suited for a neck lift along with neck liposuction. This ensures there is no remaining skin hanging around the jaw and neck after removing unwanted fat. During a consultation appointment, your provider will provide information to assist you in making a knowledgeable decision regarding the plastic surgery procedure right for your needs.
How Do I Learn More About Neck Liposuction?
If you reside in the area of Seattle, WA and want to speak to the team at The Larrabee Center for Plastic Surgery, call 206-386-3550 to discuss your needs and desires. During a consultation appointment, you can talk with our team to find out more about the services best suited for your unique situation and find out if one or more treatments can be combined together with this procedure.