Your chin and jawline play a significant role in your overall facial appearance. It’s common to experience an unbalanced facial profile when your chin and jawline are misshapen. Fortunately, this issue can easily be corrected with chin augmentation.
Chin augmentation can help create a stronger jawline and a more symmetrical facial structure. Dr. Larrabee performs this procedure using chin implants in order to provide natural looking, long lasting results.
Is Chin Augmentation Right for Me?
Chin augmentation may be the right procedure for you if you’re interested in addressing one or more of the following aesthetic goals:
- Stronger chin and jawline – A weak chin and jawline can give your face a rounded appearance that makes your other facial features seem out of proportion. Chin implants can provide a stronger, more prominent appearance in the jawline, delivering a more balanced overall appearance.
- Reverse the signs of aging – A poorly defined chin and jaw region can exacerbate signs of aging in the neck make you look significantly older. By creating a more distinct jawline, chin augmentation can revitalize your entire facial region and take years off your appearance.
- Smaller nose – Often, a small chin may make your nose look too large. Chin augmentation can provide a more prominent chin to balance your nose, and this will typically create the appearance of a smaller nose. Often, Dr. Larrabee will recommend chin augmentation in conjunction with rhinoplasty for individuals seeking a smaller nose appearance. When performed together, these procedures complement each other, allowing you to achieve a more balanced facial profile.
- Lengthened facial profile – Many men with a rounded chin find that chin augmentation helps provide a more masculine appearance that is commonly associated with a lengthened and angular facial profile.
In addition, ideal chin implant candidates:
- Are in good overall health
- Have realistic expectations for the outcome of the procedure
- Prefer a longer lasting outcome than can be achieved with nonsurgical alternatives
- Don’t smoke or are willing to quit prior to their procedure and throughout the recovery period
Contact our Seattle Plastic Surgeon
Please contact the Larrabee Center for Plastic Surgery using the form on this page or call 206-386-3550 today to schedule a chin augmentation consultation. We serve patients in the Seattle, Washington area.