Ear Reshaping Seattle
Ear reshaping, or otoplasty, is a procedure that improves the contour and shape of the external ear. It helps to pin back protruding ears and reshape ears that lack definition.
Are you a candidate?
- If you desire to pin back protruding ears
- If you desire to reshape your ears
- If your ears are asymmetrical and you desire more symmetry
An incision is made in the crease behind the ear and the ear cartilage is exposed from the back side. Permanent sutures are carefully placed to recreate the ear contour and pin them back into a more aesthetically pleasing position.
- A dressing covering the ears will be placed after surgery. The dressing will be removed in the office postoperative day one. At that time you will be able to see the initial surgical results.
- The ears are then redressed and the dressing is left in place for one week.
- At the second postoperative visit the dressing is removed. At that time you will be instructed to wear a soft stretchy headband at night while sleeping for the next two weeks.
- Suture removal is not necessary. We use skin sutures that reabsorb on their own.
- Most patients describe postoperative pain as mild to moderate. Severe pain is highly unusual.